SOS Children give orphaned and abandoned children a loving home
Children in the charity's care live in a unique community called an SOS Children's Village. Here, they are cared for by a committed SOS mother and live with other children as an SOS family. Each child is known by name, and their individual needs are supported until they are independent adults.
In 125 countries, long-term care is provided for almost 60,000 children in 560 SOS Children's Villages. Or as one of their volunteers likes to say, “We tuck 60,000 children into bed each night!”
SOS Children's work:
- "We prevent children from ending up alone by protecting their families."
- "If a child can no longer live with their family, we provide long-term family care in an SOS Children's Village."
- "We provide quality education and healthcare in these communities."
- "We ensure children's rights are protected wherever possible."
- "We care for and protect children during crisis and disaster."
We care passionately about the work of SOS Children's Villages
SOS Children's Villages is our chosen charity. This means that we donate a proportion of the proceeds from each retreat, holiday and special event to SOS's work.
There are so many children in this world who need a loving home. We hope that our donation will make some difference to their lives.
More information on the work of SOS Children's Villages can be found at www.soschildrensvillages.org.uk